The HMP LFG 4 light drop weight tester also referred to as Light weight deflectometer or LWD is a portable dynamic impulse plate load tester based on accelerometer sensor used for determining the soil bearing capacity and compaction quality of soils and non-cohesive sub-bases.
Conforming to the latest ASTM E2835 standards and the German Technical Test Standard For Soil and Rock In Road & Railway Construction TP BF-STB Part B 8.3/issue 2003, the HMP LFG 4 provides measurements that have direct correlation to static load test (DIN18134, BS1377, ASTM D1194/1195/1196) & Procter test (Dpr)*.
Suitable for coarse-grain and mixed grain soils having a maximum grain size of 63mm and can be used to determine the dynamic modulus of deformation of soil (resilience) in the range Evd = 15...70MN/m .
The LFG 4 allows measurement on multiple layers of soil, unbound sub-base and sub-grade during formation works or before overlay and pavement. Deflections may be either correlated directly to pavement or used to determine in-situ material characteristics of the pavement foundation layers. Provided with Thermal Printer & Software for data analysis.
HMP LFG 4- Light Weight Drop Tester including PC software, in compliance with ASTM E2835-11 consisting of:
- Loading mechanism with bubble level.
- Load plate with acceleration transducers.
- Drop weight 10 Kgs.
- Electronic settlement measuring instrument with measuring range Evd <225 MN/m², 4 line display LCD screen, displaying settlement data, settlement speed (s/v relation) deformation modulus Evd & 200 series internal memory.
- Thermal printer with 5 thermal printer rolls.
- Storage for upto 200 test results.
- Software for evaluation, revising & archive the measured data.
- 2 GB USB Stick, PC connecting cable, Instruction manual.