The Megger SMART THUMP ST16 portable cable fault location system provides safe, efficient and easy-to-use solutions to quickly identify, prelocate and pinpoint various types of cable faults for Low/Medium Voltage power cables.
This new system requires significantly less training than a traditional thumper-only system. The SMART-Thump™ 16 is the only fault locator with built-in intelligence to interpret the results of the initial test sequence. The “Turn & Click” rotary button operation lets the user automatically proof test, prelocate, and pinpoint the fault from one convenient control console. No adjustments are required.
- 1500 J at 8 / 16 kV, 16 kV DC-HV proof test 23/46mA Burning
- Integrated ARM and ICE Prelocation
- Easy Go - automatic sequence to proof test, pre-locate & pinpoint
- Automatic interpretation of test results
- Sunlight readable, transflective 5.7” TFT color display
- Safe OP Check protects user from incorrect or faulty lead connections
- USB interface for trace export via USB flash drive
- The latest E-Tray system built in allows the user to access and operate every function through an intuitive interface, without the need to make adjustments; the software will suggest the next logical step.
Circuit parameters include:
- System voltage up to 35 kV
- Insulation EPR or XLPE
- Typical conductor sizes between #2 and 500 MCM (34 mm2 to 250 mm2)
- Typical circuit lengths from a few hundred feet (100 m) up to 3 miles (17,000 ft. or 5,000 m)
- Typical end users include: operations department of power utility