Cable Fault Detector Machine
SWG-32 is a 1-phase mobile cable test and fault location system, for buried power cables.
- Test medium & high -voltage cables with DC voltage up to 32 kV.
- Fault conditioning by burning faulty cable insulation with current up to 100 mA @ 32 kV
- Pre-locating cable faults with the reflectometer RIF-9 based on the low-voltage pulse reflection method (TDR), Arc reflection method(ARC single shot / ARC multi-shot), Current pulse method (ICE) and high-voltage decay method (DECAY)
- Pinpointing cable faults with the acoustic method with 2000 J surge generator and a suitable signal receiver
Powerful 2000 J surge generator is accompanied with a surge voltage level switch allowing receiving maximum surge power at 8, 16 and 32 kV. High surge energy enhances the possibilities of fault pinpointing by providing a stronger signal in the conditions of high interference, deeply buried cable, or long distance to the place of fault.
Easy to Operate: Detachable reflectometer RIF-9 (pre-locator) is equipped with extra-bright 10.4'' display with touch screen technology & rotary controller knob, which makes fault pre-location quick through easy and efficient menu control.
SWG-32 provides a reliable, safe, and comprehensive solution for a complete servicing of medium & high voltage power cables.
- Symmetric and Asymmetrical (time domain reflection) measurement
- ARC single shot / ARC multi-shot pre-location
- Impulse current method (ICE)
- Decay method
- Surge levels 0 ... 8 / 16 / 32 kV
- Fault conditioning (burning) with up to 100 mA @ 32 kV